Wednesday 9 January 2008

New Years Resolutions - blown 'em already

I absolutely faithfully promised to do three things in the New Year:
1) go to the gym ... ha ha
2) read more books and watch less telly ... can't do until I've finished the final series of The Sopranos which Santa gave me for Christmas
3) blog each and every day ... oops
So let's pretend last week never happened, and start from NOW.
Happy New Year!

What did you read over the festive period? I was pathetic and managed just two books but I did have the excuse that I was cruising down the Nile and it would have been rude to sit with my nose in a book rather than ooh and aah at the passing sites. Edfu temple was amazing, as was the city of Luxor, The Valley of the Kings (seen from a hot air balloon at 6am) and the Aswan dam. The books that I did manage to read were Reginald Hill's new Dalziel & Pascoe, The Death of Dalziel, and Diane Setterfield's The Thirteenth Tale. Mr Hill is my crime God. I think he's utterly brilliant and in almost 20 years, I have never read a book of his that I haven't adored.

I'm about 50 pages from the end of The Thirteenth Tale and must confess I can't wait to get home and finish it. I knew I'd love it as Jane Eyre is one of my favourite books, and I am completely hooked. Oh, look, 5.31pm. Time to go home and get reading.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't stick to resolutions every day...