Wednesday 2 January 2008

We're back!

I must have been a good girl in 2007 as Father Christmas didn’t fill my stocking with coal and I was able to enjoy quite a peaceful yuletide. Furthermore I was pleased this Christmas because (for once) I was a realist on the book-reading front. I didn’t put a pile of books on my wish list that would take me until the August bank holiday to read and I didn’t have to trail a mobile library along with me on the train from the deepest, darkest British countryside. I read one non-A&B book – Perfume by Patrick Suskind, which reinforced how rubbish I am at distinguishing scent and taste – and one forthcoming A&B book: Ill Wind by Rachel Caine. This is the first in the Weather Warden series (see Susie’s mention of it in our very first blog post here) and, following my reading of The Dead Girls’ Dance in the autumn, it’s the second book by Rachel Caine that I’ve read. In both cases I would recommend them as fantastic holiday reading, there’s never a dull moment because either a powerful (literal or figurative) storm is kicking off in one or a nightmarish scene is unfolding in the other. Finally, there are very intelligent, sassy heroines in both series. We’ve gotten the artwork which will be on Ill Wind from artist David Seeley and I'm showing it off here - moody eh?

No comments: