Wednesday 5 December 2007

Prasana the Work Experience's Last Day

As I type this I am in my very last minutes as a work experience for Allison & Busby. In four minutes, I will no longer be able to say 'Oh, I work in publishing' nonchalantly as inside I'm really shrieking 'Omigod I work in PUBLISHING!!!!!' In three minutes, I'll be stripped of the power to turn my thumb down at a manuscript from the pile with all the pomp of Ceasar meting judgement on a Roman citizen. In two minutes, I'll leave behind my red pen and Post-It notes and glow from the fact that I just finished proofreading A&B's longest book yet, The Galliard. In one minute, I'll be just be another struggling author facing a wonderful publishing house from the other side of the transom. But in these last 30 seconds, while I still have a shred of prestige, I just want to thank all the lovely ladies here at A&B for a great couple of months and a ton of insight I could never learn from a book. And...time's up.
-Prasana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been Working in Publishing for 5 months now...that little voice still manages to do a little dance inside my head. Good luck with the job hunt!