Thursday 1 November 2007

Elizabethan tug-of-war

The ‘wondrous Lesley’ makes her debut blog appearance. Please ladies and gents, restrain your urge to applaud and throw bouquets.

The thing I look forward to most at A&B is the arrival of lovely, fresh-from-the-printers, terribly good for you, books. That story that you’ve read perhaps a year ago, have agonised over its cover design, have talked up to people up and down the land, lands on your desk as a finished product. Unfortunately, the latest title I was not so patiently expecting, Margaret Irwin’s Elizabeth & the Prince of Spain, is being held to ransom by some burly, book-hating, philistines [or not, but allow a girl some creative licence]. Particularly painful is the fact that I helped to choose the costume for this shoot from the BBC costume department. It was so gorgeous I was ‘this’ close to dying my hair red and regally demanding that I grace the cover…


So, until we work out that tug of war and get the books, I will content myself with seeing Cate Blanchett at the cinema this weekend and with this picture. *Sigh*

No comments: