Wednesday 14 November 2007

A helping hand, from one blogger to another...

I'm enjoying this adventure into the online world of blogging - it really is amazing what you can discover with a click. Just today I learned from the Material Witness blog about the Love of Reading Online Book Fair running from today, 14 November, to 16 November, filled with online events such as author readings, interviews, books extracts and author forum discussions. What a fabulous idea! More to the point, why did I not know of this before? Answer: Because, yes, I am essentially an online virgin and have only recently started exploring this wonderful online world for readers. There's so much I still need to discover, but am slowly but surely learning from the many devoted bloggers out there. (Cue: imitation of a Wayne's World style "We're not worthy" sequence) . In fact, feel free to point out any online gems we might be missing here - I'm all ears. For now, I've made a note-to-self: Allison & Busby MUST support the Love of Reading Online Book Fair next year and get our authors involved. Although you could say we did have a tiny presence...I came across a competition where visitors could vote for their favourite cover and Boomsday was one of the choices! And to think I never would have known... Material Witness, I thank you.

No comments: